Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.jp-discos.co.uk and are known as JP Discos Watford. (“We”, “Us”, “Our”, “JP Discos”).
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We may use images that we have taken at your event that you have booked with us. These will not be passed onto any 3rd party without your consent however, they may be used on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages.
We cannot control any images that are found on the public domain and we will not be held liable for this.
We collect and store information about you during the event creation process on our website. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, your email address, your address, and any additional details that may be requested from you for the purpose of handling your event.
Handling this information also allows us to:
- Plan, manage and deliver your event efficiently
- Send you important information regarding your event
- Set up and administer your user account and verify your identity
Additionally we may also collect the following information:
- Your comments and rating reviews if you choose to leave them on our website, Facebook page or Google location.
- Your account email and password to allow you to access your account, if you have one
- Important dates, such as your birth, engagement or wedding date due to the nature of our business
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We don’t. Simple as that. If we take any images or videos, they may be able to be viewed on the Public Domain which is beyond our control.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
When you leave your details through our booking tool, we retain your event data for a maximum of 30 days after your event has ended. We do however keep your account on file indefinitely until you tell us otherwise.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We do not send any personal data to anyone. It is retained on our own website database.
What third parties we receive data from
We currently do not receive any data from any third parties.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
- If you book with us, from time to time, you will receive automated emails based on the status of your booking. These include, but are not limited to, enquiry emails, confirmation emails and payment emails.
- If you cancel an event with us, your booking will be changed to “cancelled” within 30 days of you asking us to cancel your event. This must be a written request.
- After your event is cancelled, we will delete all of your data held in our database within 7 days of your event being changed to cancelled.